The High School Summer Scholar Program is designed to challenge and reward you personally and academically as you prepare to experience college life.
- Enroll in a university level course, typically 4-units in credit, from over 60 offerings in 20 subject areas. Experience the rigor of college course work in preparation for the next step in your educational journey: attending college.
- Students may elect to enroll in a special Study of Law track. For more details on this track view our Study of Law information.
- Benefit from academic instruction and support from UCI faculty and staff.
- Receive 2 to 4 units of UCI course credit.
- Strengthen your academic skills and prove to yourself (and to future universities) that you can excel at one of the best universities in the West.
- Pursue an academic area that interests you.
- Explore the UCI campus and its many resources with the assistance of our Summer Session staff.
- Meet current UCI undergraduate students and fellow high school students.
Students who complete the program and meet the requirements for participation will receive a Certificate of Completion. Show colleges and universities that you have what it takes!
To receive your UC Irvine High School Summer Scholar Certificate of Completion, you must:
- Attend the Program Orientation on Friday, June 21st.
- Enroll in and successfully complete your academic course(s).
- Attend 2 INSIDE UCI Series events
- Attend 2 Scholars Events
- Attend the Closing Event (Date TBD)
- UC Irvine ranks first in the U.S. and fourth in the world among the 100 best universities less than 50 years old, according to an analysis by Times Higher Education.
- UCI is the youngest university to gain membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance chose UCI as a “best value” public college, rating it 17th nationally.
- Three UC Irvine researchers have been awarded Nobel Prizes: Irwin Rose and F. Sherwood Rowland in Chemistry, and Frederick Reines in Physics.
- Consistently recognized for its superior academic programs and major research accomplishments, UC Irvine is ranked by U.S. News and World Report as the 12th best public university and among the top 50 universities nationally.
I learned so much through the program. I loved the discussions during class, the conversations with my professor...I had fun while I learned a lot. Terra O.
2012 Summer Scholar